Join in on August 5 at 2:30 pm PST for a Conviction Voting cadCAD workshop at DAO Hack Month! Learn to set up your cadCAD environment, hear from Luke Duncan about Conviction Voting applied in practice, dig into the fundamentals of the CV model with Michael Zargham & get your hands dirty in some python code!
0) Pre-workshop cadCAD setup session (30 mins)
- Intro (10 mins): Luke Duncan, replicable tools for DAOs in practice: 1Hive.
- Mathematical / Algo overview (20 mins): Background to understand Conviction Voting and its origin as a research project
- Workshop (1 hr): Get your hands dirty filling in cadCAD code to an existing Conviction Voting model!
- Demo (10 mins): Demo of completed version of the CV model code
- Q&A, independent model work (20 mins)
Pre-req prep if you want to get the most out of this workshop:
- Learn about Conviction Voting in this article: https://medium.com/commonsstack/conviction-voting-a-novel-continuous-decision-making-alternative-to-governance-62e215ad2b3d
- Check out Conviction Voting in action on 1Hive.org
- Setup a local cadCAD environment, if you haven’t already! Python Newbie's Setup for cadCAD